Sunrise Diversity Operations Manager
Sunrise Diversity is an organisation that was set up over ten years ago to celebrate diversity, promote human equity and dignity and empower people and communities. We provide activities, training, services and events for all living in Northern Devon, including those of diverse identities such as minority ethnic groups, disabled people and the LGBTQ+ community. Our aim is that all people in Northern Devon are accepted and respected for their individual humanity within a truly inclusive, supportive and welcoming community. We are passionate about challenging and transforming attitudes including prejudice, discrimination and abusive practices so all people feel safe, included and valued within their own and the wider community.
Job Description and Person Specification:
The Role: The post plays a key part within the organisation, leading and supporting the core team of Community Development workers in their roles involved in projects, events and case work. Ensuring the wellbeing of the team and the balance of the casework load will be a major priority as well as ensuring projects and events are well planned and executed. The individual appointed will work closely with the CEO, to be sure the team is well resourced and supported and working in the direction that supports the ongoing strategy. Feeding back into the developing strategy the position will ensure future plans are realistic and achievable. The role will also be responsible for working with the CEO to raise funds to cover future activities and capture data to report back to funders on achievements.
Salary: NJC level 26: £30,984 FTE
Contract: Dependent on funding beyond March 2023
Hours: 28 hours per week.
Place of work: Travel around Northern Devon as required
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Pension: 3% Employer, 5% Employee
(Reports to: Chief Executive Officer)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead core team of Community Development Workers including induction, supervision, training and appraisals
- Provide casework guidance and support to CDWs
- Operational management and delivery of projects including financial planning and oversight
- Capture and monitoring of projects against outputs, outcomes and KPIs
- Oversee volunteer recruitment and management
- Safeguarding lead
- Health and safety responsibilities for activities of line managed staff and activities
- Input into public relations and building and developing partnerships
- Input to strategy development and planning
- Support the implementation of the fundraising plan covering a mixed range of income and identify likely sources, including public funding, trusts and foundations, sponsorship, partnerships and individual donor opportunities
- Support CEO to write, submit and manage major bids to trusts and foundations, and write and submit bids for smaller funds independently.
- Development of fundraising campaigns, activities and events
- Educated to degree level (D) or equivalent experience (E)
- Experience of managing, motivating, and supporting people (E)
- Experience of providing information, advice and guidance services (D)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
- Ability to keep abreast of the field of diversity and associated areas of work (E)
- Ability to manage projects and develop plans and strategies (E)
- Ability to produce analysis of information(E)
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workloads (E)
- Knowledge of the diversity field/sector (D)
(E) = Essential (D)= Desirable
Sunrise takes responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people who
access its services. Therefore, we will check the suitability of the successful candidate to work
with vulnerable people and an enhanced DBS disclosure and references are required for this post.
Please complete an application form attached and email it to [email protected].
Please contact Ana Gabriela Lodge, CEO, if you have any questions on 07923 050833 or by emailing [email protected]
Deadline: by the end of Sunday 18th September
Interviews will be held w/c 19th September