Identifying and responding to unmet need within local communities is a key activity of TTVS. This work is done through enabling, encouraging, supporting and developing local initiatives as well as developing projects to fill unmet need and to support core work.
- Community Placements – Supported work placements in community organisations for those wishing to return to employment and/or education.
- Young Adult Carers - Bright Futures, provides support to young carers (18-24) in Devon to get the skills, confidence and help they need to manage periods of transition and change in order to build their resilience and improve their future life chances. Currently paused and undergoing a redesign, WATCH THIS SPACE for news.
- Youth Flow Project – A partnership between One Northern Devon (NHS), Encompass and DWP to support young NEETs furthest away from employment obtain work experience support through work place mentors.
- Social Prescribing Contract – We are employed by the Torridge PCN to manage Social Prescribers across the Torridge District Area.
- Community Developers – Working with the NHS and third sector to develop projects that support social prescribing across the Torridge District Council area.
- Young Carers (5-18) Carewise - supports and works with children and young people from across Torridge and North Devon, up to the age of 18 who look after or support parents, siblings or other relatives who have a long term illness or disability. Currently paused and undergoing a redesign, WATCH THIS SPACE for news.
- Financial Inclusion – Financial Inclusion is a project aimed at maximising the income of people aged over 65 in the Bideford area.
- Home from Hospital - The Home from Hospital Volunteer Project supports people with no friends or family support on their discharge from hospital. The project helps reduce the fear and anxiety that vulnerable patients feel when they are discharged and return home after a hospital stay.
- Older People Services at TorrAGE - providing a range of services for older people including befriending, social activities, gentle exercise, volunteering opportunities, informal advocacy and information for those most in need.
- Older People Services at Supporting Rural Independent Living (SRIL) – helping older people living in some of the most rurally isolated areas in Torridge. Providing practical support for older people living in rural areas.