Identifying and responding to unmet need within local communities is a key activity of TTVS. This work is done through enabling, encouraging, supporting and developing local initiatives as well as developing projects to fill unmet need and to support core work.
- Young Carers Connected - YCC - our exciting new venture offering tailored support to Young Carers and their families in Torridge, North Devon and Mid Devon.
- Community Developers – Working with the NHS and third sector to develop projects that support social prescribing across the Torridge District Council area.
- Financial Inclusion – Financial Inclusion is a project aimed at maximising benefits income of people of state pension age in Torridge and North Devon.
- Settle at Home - The Home from Hospital Volunteer Project supports people with no friends or family support on their discharge from hospital. The project helps reduce the fear and anxiety that vulnerable patients feel when they are discharged and return home after a hospital stay.
- Older People Services at TorrAGE Ageing well - providing a range of services for older people including Help at Home, memory cafes, Tai Chi, volunteering opportunities, informal advocacy and information for those most in need.
- Older People Services at Supporting Rural Independent Living (SRIL) – Memory cafes in Winkleigh and Holsworthy, Providing practical support for older people living in these rural areas.