Development Officer – Funding, Bideford – Immediate Start
22.5 hours per week SCP scale 23 £26,999 (pro rata £16,418)
We are now looking for an exceptional person to join our team as our Development Officer – Funding, starting immediately .Working as part of an experienced team the successful applicant will split their time equitably between identifying, coordinating and bidding for both short term and strategic funding for TTVS, its members and projects, as well as providing funding and development advice to small charities, voluntary and community groups within Torridge. This will involve providing advice, training, research and dissemination on funding sources and processes, establishing a tailored approached to improve sustainability and minimise the impact of the Covid pandemic within communities and enabling small charities, groups and organisations to recover and thrive.
We need someone who can:
- As part of a team work to ensure financial security for TTVS, its projects and its members
- Work with emerging, new and existing groups to improve capability and ensure financial capability
- Increase the number of positive funding applications made throughout Torridge
- Work to positively challenge the impact of the Covid Pandemic on our communities
- Promote membership of TTVS
Our ideal candidate will be able to offer:
- A level or equivalent academic qualification or above, or substantial experience in third sector funding.
- Experience in Working with and knowledge of funders
- Experience of Voluntary and Community sector
- Knowledge/experience of funding sources and issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of capacity building in third sector /organisational development and governance
- A proven track record in fundraising/securing income in the third sector
- Experience of supporting third sector organisations at times of/ through change
If you would like to be part of our team and work with a charity that provides essential support to those who need it most, we would like to hear from you.
Click here for the full Job Description
Please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for completed applications is 9am Monday 19th October (Interviews will take place week commencing 26th October). Immediate start date.